Sunday, February 15, 2015


Oh hail Queen Lisa Eldridge,
when she showed all the cushion makeup bits and bobs she bought during her trip in Korea, I drooled all over the cushion foundation. Not literally of course. But still.
So I hopped on a plane to Berlin, to do a citytrip, not to go and faint at Kiko.
So now the question is: To Cushion or Not To Cushion?




I know Lancôme does one, the Cushion Miracle for €45, but I am a poor student and cannot clarify buying one. So when I ran to Kiko and saw this gem under the TL-lights, I legitimately squeaked. 
The CC Cream Cushion System Fond de Teint come in 7 different shades for only €15,90! That is still a good amount of money, but hey life is for the adventurous, right? 

It comes in this gorgeous mirrored packaging, perfect for fingerprints, haha! But why use a in-foundation-drenched-sponge, or also called Cushion, as your base? One; you will never be able to have a leftover on your hand, like regular foundation do. Second of all; it is foolproof. You can only start with a thin layer and build coverage up as you go. Purfff-ect.



I am shade 'Warm Beige 30', which suits me perfectly. I love how easy it is to use and how flawless the coverage is. I had to threw my BB Cream away, so bye bye light coverage for a month or so. But now I am happy to welcome this CC Cream Cushion System! 

I use the Real Techniques Face Expert Brush to apply it, by just dabbing it onto the cushion. The foundation is easy to blend, easy to work with and layering it, will not turn you into cake. Hooray. 
The lasting power is decent, like good coverage from 8 am 'till 6 pm. After 6, my face will slowly drink it up, I guess. But still, it is so easy to reapply! 

I'd describe the finish as a healthy glow, not dewy or shiny and not matte either. You can always amp up your glow with some Lumi Magique Primer from L'Oréal or any powder you like!


The verdict? I would give it a solid 9/10. I love it, nothing more to add!If you are into light and natural coverages, like BB creams, you should give this one a go! 


Which foundation/ BB Cream/ CC Cream would you recommend? Do you like the whole 'Cushion Trend'?