Wednesday, March 26, 2014


I feel like it is really hard to get a hold on drugstore primers in Belgium. There are so many more out there and this small country only contains few of them. 

In the beginning of February, Essence, came out with a bunch of new products, like The All About Matt Long-lasting Pore Refining Make-up Base. That is a mouthful of words for this tiny product. It comes at around €4 for this 20 ml, which seems to be a lot, but actually isn't. Essence is known for their really sharp drugstore prices and for their not-always-so-attractive-packaging. BUT I have to admit that their new products don't look so 'childish' any longer, which is a major plus because most of their products are amazing!

This primer is targetted for oily skin. It comes out in a white cold consistency and applies really smooth. The only downside when applying the primer is when you try to blend it out even better, you will notice that the primer that is left on your fingers will make it harder. No slipping and sliding here! After applying the primer, I always use the All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder to set everything. 

I found that this primer does a good job at keeping the oils at bay. PLUS it didn't cause break-outs, although I have sensitive skin. I never use foundation or BB cream at daily base (almost never, only concealer), but I do like it as a extra protection against an oily face when I know it is going to be a busy day!

So Essence good job! I find this to be a really good primer for his price since it is really hard to find a drugstore mattifying primer. A alternative and more expensive one, is the Garnier 5 Sec Perfect Blur Smoothing Perfecting Primer (+- €14).

Bisous, S.